IT Engineer - West Lafayette, IN 47906
Business System Solutions (BSS) seeks an experienced, proactive IT Engineer to join our collaborative, fast-growing team. We are a quick response outsourced IT solution that serves small to medium size businesses, with specialty in Managed IT Services and consulting services throughout the North Central Indiana. The IT Engineer will be responsible for resolving technical challenges both remotely from our West Lafayette office, and on client sites, manage all work through the ConnectWise Manage PSA, and act as a supportive backup to internal colleagues. No 2 days are the same and your skills are constantly enhanced as our projects are vast, ever- changing and challenging. This critical, client facing role is the catalyst of our growth, as conscientious quick action leads to an increased customer base. The right IT Engineer will have a minimum of 3-5 years of at least Level 2 IT support experience, and a comprehensive proficiency in Windows Servers 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/10, and Office 2016/365.
We are a versatile, innovative organization that fosters a culture of excellence through always exceeding expectations. We leave our clients with a feeling a WOW as we are recognized as valuable partners who are singularly dedicated to their success. We have recently doubled in size, creating excellent opportunities for increased staff responsibilities which allow for our team to make a meaningful impact on our trajectory.
Our ideal candidate possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, an upbeat, personable demeanor, and is looking forward to spending the best years of their professional career in a challenging and rewarding environment.
To the IT Engineer We Offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous coverage under group health insurance plan
- 3% Match on IRA
- Ongoing, relevant educational opportunities
- Opportunity to work for long standing, thriving organization
For over 22 years BSS Consulting has been providing cutting edge solutions to a multitude of industries in our community. Our repertoire of Managed IT Services, Remote IT Services, Data Backup and Recovery and VOIP systems have allowed us solidify us as the go to IT Solution of Lafayette and surrounding communities whether it is in banking or healthcare. We are driven by our core values which include personal integrity, impeccable customer service and attention to detail to ensure that we are serving our customers for decades to come.
Duties and Responsibilities for IT Engineer Include:
Acting as point of contact for specified clients, incoming assignments include:
- Upgrade Windows, Office, LOB software, Switches, Wi‐Fi, Phones, and Printers/MFP’s
- Monitor and approve changes to Servers/PCs/Users
- Ensure backups are running and UPS’s are functioning
- Provide astute recommendations for server upgrades, PC replacements, VOIP
- Perform network audit/site survey
- Ensure all documentation is put into IT Glue and kept up to date
- Additional duties as needed for success
Requirements for IT Engineer Include:
- A minimum of 3-5 years IT Engineer/ Help desk experience or IT related bachelors degree
- Technical degree or certification preferred
- Experience and familiarity with the following: Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft Window desktop and server systems as well as Active Directory
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting, etc.)
- Remote access technologies (VPN, terminal services, etc.)
- Vendor management (email, hosting, DNS)
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
We are an Equal Opportunity employer
APPLY NOW: Please email the following to Careers@BSSconsulting.com. Make the subject line of your email: IT Engineer position
- Write me an email that:
- introduces yourself
- explains how you manage a service ticket from start to finish in a manner that makes your current clients love you
- explains how you would deal with a difficult client
- explains how you would react to a co-worker who tells you that your approach is incorrect and is adamant about it, when you are sure you are correct
- Include your Resume
Do NOT respond if you do not meet the minimum requirements of technical experience, preferably with a managed service provider or as an IT manager in a small business. We thank you in advance for your understanding and look forward to hearing from you!